Sunday, December 2, 2007

WE'RE ENGAGED!!!!!!


So Tim proposed last night (December 1, 2007) at our company Christmas party. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the wonderful event, because I was a little preoccupied at the time. Lots of our friends took pictures though so we should have some eventually. For now I will just explain how it happened and hopefully that will make due for a little while.

As many of you know, Tim and I met this summer while we were working as river guides down in Moab for World Wide River Expeditions. We starting talking about marriage right before we both went back to school and even went ring shopping. However, before an actual proposal can take place there are several things that need to happen. First of all we wanted to make sure that it was the right thing to do and that we would be able to handle having a long distance relationship (not a problem :) Second, Tim had to get the ring, which he did.....in OCTOBER!!!!! Not that I am complaining or anything but I had to wait a really long time (hehehe just giving you a hard time babe). The third thing, Tim was determined to do, was to personally ask my father for permission. I thought this was very sweet and of course my Dad said yes when I took Tim back to meet my family for Thanksgiving. Then the fourth and final thing is perfect timing. I knew it was coming but I had no idea when. Last night at our Christmas party we wore ugly sweaters and did a white elephant gift exchange. Tim and I had been planning to tell our co-workers at the party despite the fact that we weren't official. So Tim framed an 8x10 copy of the photo you see above and included a note that was to be read after all the presents had been opened and exchanged. The note announced that we were planning to get married and as everyone started cheering and yelling congratulations. Then Tim stated that it wasn't official yet and before I knew what was happening he had grabbed the ring from his pocket and was down on one knee...that wasn't part of the plan :) But I was so excited!!!! (I had thought he was going to do it when I went up to see him on December 15th for our 6 month anniversary) Anyway I hugged him, gave him a kiss, and of course I said YES. It was perfect, the ring is perfect, he is perfect. I couldn't have hoped for a better match. We are planning to get married sometime during the last half of May; when we know the exact date we will let everyone know so stay posted.

For those of you who would like to see pictures of the ring I tried to take a few. It was hard to take closeups, they all came out blurry. Enjoy!

























Thanks Tim, I love you so much.




6 comments:

mamachele said...

Welcome to the family. We love you!!!!!!!
always,
michele

Jessie's Joy in Her Journey said...

WAHOO!!!!!!!!!

tolman said...

wow that great news , to marcas tex me when it happened i glad for you two and know you will be happy , i should check your blog more tho you posted so much in the last little bit.

Image Envy said...

The pictures don't do it justice!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

The Laidlaws said...

Hey Audrey! My mom told me you called and told her you were engaged, and I found you on facebook, which led me to your blog. Congratulations! You will be a lovely bride and he sounds like a great guy. Have fun planning for the big day! =)

Corey said...

CONGRATS!!!!!